Sweepstakes Official Rules
PETCO “NOVEMBER PUPBOX GIVEAWAY” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES
OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees of Petco Animal Supplies Stores, Inc., its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and webmasters/suppliers and members of the immediate families and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) of such employees are not eligible to enter or win. The Sponsor’s determinations of eligibility are final and may be made at any time prior to prize award. Void where prohibited.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The "November PupBox Giveaway" Contest ("Contest") begins at 12:00 am Pacific Time ("PT") on November 1, 2022 and ends at 11:59 pm PT on November 30, 2022 ("Contest Period").
3. HOW TO ENTER:
When prompted on Facebook or Instagram, as applicable, please complete the required fields, including email address and pet name, and click through to complete the process to submit entry (“Entry”)
Limit one (1) Entry per email address. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any automated system to enter as determined by the Sponsor in its sole judgment is prohibited and will result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply. All terms and conditions of Instagram or Facebook, as applicable, apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the natural person who is the “authorized account holder” assigned to the email address in question.
Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Sponsor or any other Releasees. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Sponsor or any other Releasees. Entries that do not include all required information will be considered void.
Entries will be reviewed by the Sponsor for compliance with the Entry parameters set forth herein. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Entry at any time in the event it is determined, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion that the Entry or contestant has not complied with these Official Rules.
On or about Nov 7, 2022, a random drawing from valid Entries received during the Contest Period will be conducted by the Sponsor to award to one (1) winner one (1) twelve-month PupBox subscription plan (approximate retail value is $348.00).
The winner will be required to complete an an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, and, a W9 Form, which must be returned within the time period specified by the Sponsor or the prize will be forfeited without compensation and an alternate winner may be selected (from among all remaining eligible entries). The value of the prize will be taxable to the winner as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of the winner for the value of the prize.
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible Entries received.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: The winner will be notified by email to the email address provided during the Entry process. To claim the prize, the winner will be required to respond to the Sponsor’s notification email within twenty-four (24) hours after transmission of the aforementioned message and provide his/her full name, email address, physical mailing address, date of birth, and phone number. Subsequently, the winner will receive additional prize claim instructions by mail and/or email from the Sponsor, and may be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release and perhaps other documents. All requested documents must be returned to the Sponsor within time period specified at time of prize notification. The prize is not transferable. No prize substitution is available. The prize is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash except to the extent required by law. The winner is solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and the winner agrees to fully cooperate with the Sponsor as to their compliance with Internal Revenue Service and any other governmental reporting requirements, including by providing their Social Security Number) and for any expenses, costs or fees associated with acceptance and/or use of the prize not specified by the Sponsor as being included. The Sponsor reserves the right to withhold any portion of the prize deemed necessary for compliance with tax withholding requirements, and to forward such portion to the applicable taxing authority on behalf of the winner, including but not limited to, California non-resident tax withholding (if applicable). At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, prize forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following: (a) the potential winner’s failure to respond to initial notification email within twenty-four (24) hours after its transmission; (b)the failure of notification due to deactivation of the potential winner’s email address prior to receipt of notification; (c) the potential winner’s failure to provide the Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency; (d) the potential winner’s failure to complete and return required documents by the date specified in the winner’s notification; and (e)any other non-compliance with these Official Rules.
6. CONDUCT: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to comply with and be bound by these Official Rules. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (1) tampering or attempting to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; (2) violating the Official Rules; (3) violating the terms of service, conditions of use or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor property or service; or (4) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person or whose acts or deeds (actual or perceived) would or might be deemed detrimental to the Sponsor's reputation, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by any entrant concerning identity, postal address, ownership of right or non-compliance with Official Rules may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest. The Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any Entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, or does not comply with the Official Rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE, MOBILE SITE OR SERVICE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Further, by participating, each entrant: (a) agrees to waive any claim for reimbursement for any equipment or materials necessary to submit an Entry regardless of whether or not any particular Entry is selected for the prize; (b) acknowledges that much of the material that will be submitted as part of the Contest may embody materials, suggestions, or ideas substantially similar to those which have been developed by others, or by the Sponsor, and hereby acknowledges that any similarity is purely coincidental and unavoidable in light of the volume of ideas that the Sponsor routinely uses and considers in the course of its business activities, and understands that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation because of use by the Sponsor of any materials similar to an entrant’s Entry; and (c) hereby waives any right to any claim or liability with respect to the Sponsor’s use of similar materials.
7. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Limit one (1) prize per person. This Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. The Sponsor will have no liability or further obligation to the winner other than to supply the prize. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Contest is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Contest to address the impairment and then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; (b) award prize from among the eligible Entries received up to the time of the impairment; or (c) to proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. If, due to a human, typographical, mechanical or other error, more than one winner is notified, one prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible entrants who submit a legitimate prize claim. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event that the Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Contest is severely undermined by any event beyond the Sponsor’s control, including but not limited to fire; flood; epidemic; earthquake; explosion; labor dispute; materials shortage (including due to product recall); strike; act of God; terrorist threat or activity; any federal, state, or local governmental law, order, or regulation; order of any court or jurisdiction; or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event), the Sponsor will have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Contest without further obligation. If the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, elects to abbreviate the Contest as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to award the prize from among all the eligible entries received up to the date of such Force Majeure event. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Contest is compromised, without liability to any entrant.
8. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Instagram, Facebook and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, brokers, printers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, and any other entities affiliated with the administration of the Contest, together with the respective officers, directors, employees, and agents of each (collectively, the "Releasees") from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use/misuse of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors or any errors made in the advertisement of the Contest; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) changes to Instagram or Facebook, as applicable, policies and procedures that may interfere with the operation of the Contest (and/or the filtering or other operation of the functionality of Instagram or Facebook, as applicable); (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt of the prize; and/or (g) if the winner, the use of name and/or photograph for advertising and publicity purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) and entrant further agrees to execute specific consents to such use if asked to do so, and to the announcement of his or her name, city and state. Entrants further agree that in any cause of action, the Releasees’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Contest, and in no event shall the Releasees be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrants waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Without limiting the foregoing, the Contest, and all materials provided on or through any Contest-related website are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Releasees are also not responsible for Entries that are late, lost, garbled, incomplete, inaccessible/blocked, corrupted, jumbled, misdirected, delayed or damaged, regardless of cause, all of which are void.
9. INDEMNIFICATION: You agree to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Releasees due to or arising out of your Entry, or your conduct in creating an Entry or otherwise in connection with the Contest, including but not limited to: claims for trademark infringement; copyright infringement; violation of an individual’s right of publicity or right of privacy; defamation; or any injury allegedly suffered participating in the Contest.
10. PUBLICITY: By submitting an Entry, you grant to the Sponsor and its affiliated companies and agents, licensees and assigns, the right, except where prohibited by law, to use your name, likeness, picture, address (city and state), voice, biographical information, Entry and written or oral statements, for advertising and promotional purposes in promoting or publicizing the Sponsor, its affiliated companies, and the products or services of each, in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, without compensation or further notice. You shall have no right of approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim (including, without limitation, claims based on invasion of privacy, defamation, or right of publicity) arising out of any use, blurring, alteration, or use in composite form of your name, picture, likeness, address (city and state), biographical information, or Entry.
12. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrants (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or the prize awarded, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Streamlined Rules and Arbitration Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc., then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Releasees in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of any jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of California.
13. WINNER NAME: For the name of the winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by Dec 7, 2022 to: Petco “November PupBox Giveaway” Contest Winner, ATTN: PupBox Marketing, 10850 Via Frontera, San Diego, CA 92127.
Sponsor: Petco Animal Supplies Stores, Inc., 10850 Via Frontera, San Diego CA 92127.
© 2022 Petco Animal Supplies Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.